Teacher: David Damiani
Email Address: email@example.com
To provide students with job skills, develop good work ethic and accountabiliy. Provide work based learning opportunities, teach proper and safe use of shop equipment, hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
Students will experience:
- Learn techniques and skills of basic automotive care including tire mounting, tire balancing, tire rotation, and oil changes, instruction in 4-stroke engine fundamentals.
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical functions in automotive applications.
- Repair, service and maintenance of diesel engines.
- Maintenance and repair of diesel systems in medium-heavy to heavy equipment.
- Use computers to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems, brakes, hydraulics.
Career examples include Diesel Technician, Diesel Engine Specialist, Automotive Technician, General Maintenance Technician, Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technician, and Equipment Salesperson.