Pima County JTED
Pima county voters approved the formation of the Pima County JTED (Joint Technical Education District) in 2006 which provides county-wide high school students the following advantages.
- Expanded opportunities for CTE courses at their home high school:
- New programs - Amphitheater has opened new programs over the last 14 years
- Enhanced opportunities - Providing students with industry standard equipment and facilities
- Increased availability of dual enrollment and industry certifications
- Expanded program opporturnities at the Pima County JTED's Central Campuses
In addtitional to the Career and Technical Education programs at each high school, Amphitheater high school students in grades 10-12 may attend JTED central programs at one of the JTED Central Campuses, located throughout Pima County. Students interested in Central JTED Programs should see their high school CTE/JTED Counselor, for registration information. These courses are free to high school students and credits earned will be noted on the student’s transcript. Please visit http://pimajted.org/programs/ to learn about the different Central JTED Programs offered.
For additional information about the Pima County JTED visit their website at http://www.pimajted.org/.
JTED Central Programs:
Early Childhood Education*
Electrical and Power Transmission Installation
Emergency Medical Services
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Heavy Equipment Operations
Home Health Aide
Law and Public Safety
Medical Assisting Services
Medical Records Technologies
Physical Therapy Assistant
*Class also offered at one or more Amphitheater high school campuses during school hours