Teacher: Jean Gowen
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: IRHS Culinary Arts
To provide a premier industry current facility that allows students to exceed all the Culinary Arts program standards for the State of Arizona. A program that is supported by the community.
Students will experience:
- Prepares students to serve under the supervision of food service professionals as kitchen support staff and commercial food preparation workers. This includes instruction in kitchen equipment, organization and operations, sanitation, quality control, safety, various cooking methods, and nutrition.
- Students will learn about workplace safety, teamwork, cooking stations within the commercial kitchen, and meal service. Students will also learn about nutrition.
- During cooking labs, students will practice preparing meals from scratch, garnishes, and a variety of plate service and banquet meals.
- Students will have the opportunity to be involved in catering opportunities throughout the year.
- Culinary Arts III and IV students can compete in competitions to earn college scholarships.
Examples of careers include Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Cook, Event Planner, and Food Service Manager.