Teacher: Jeremy Tarbet
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: CDO Automotive Technology
To provide students with adequate job interview skills, develop good work ethic and accountability. Provide work based learning assignments, teach proper and safe use of shop equipment, hand tools and diagnostic equipment and an outside interest with community for real time experience.
Students will experience:
Learn techniques and skills in tire mounting, tire balancing, tire rotation, and oil changes.
- Instruction in 4-stroke engine fundamentals.
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical functions in automotive applications.
- Instruction and work based learning in suspension and brakes.
- Analysis of engine performance and drive train.
- Students have the chance to demonstrate their skills at state and national SkillsUSA competitions.
Career examples include Auto Service Technician, Mechanic, General Maintenance Technician, and Parts Salesperson.