Teacher: Mark Pincus
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: IRHS Biosciences
A program that will enable students to gain technical, communication and leadership skills that could lead to employment opportunities in the Biotech industry.
Students will experience:
- Learn how biotechnology is used in the medical, agricultural, and food industries while working with scientific instruments that are commonly found in a research laboratory.
- Research genetic characteristics or expressions.
- Isolate, analyze, and synthesize proteins, enzymes, DNA, and other molecules.
- Research the effects of substances, such as drugs, hormones, and food on tissues and biological processes.
- Explore biotechnology careers, history and applications of recombinant DNA technology.
- Opportunity to become a member of IRHS SMART Team modeling the structure function relationship of a protein for a local scientist.
Career examples include Biochemist, Biomedical Engineer, Nuclear Medicine Physicians, Microbiologist, Crime Lab Technician, Bioinformatics Scientist, Zoologist, or Pharmaceutical Salesperson.