Teacher: Mary Dickson
Email Address: email@example.com
Program Website: IRHS Technical Theater
To provide practical, hands on training in the major fields of theatrical production: lighting, scenery, sound, properties and costumes. This will prepare students for entry into a college training program or entry into the job market.
Students will experience:
- Design, Build, and Strike (Deconstruct) sets.
- Safely and efficiently operate a drill, table-saw, and other tools.
- Design and execute plans for lighting, sound, and sets.
- Safely and efficiently operate the lighting and sound systems.
- Design and execute video, brochure, and/or flyer advertisements.
- Hands on training in fields of theatrical production of lighting, scenery, sound, properties and costumes.
Career examples include Sound or Lighting Technician, Scenic Artist, Costume Designer, Set Designer, or Sound Engineering Technician.