Teacher: Caroline Krater
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A program that will enable students to gain technical, communication and leadership skills that could lead to employment opportunities in the Biotech industry.
Students will experience:
- Learn how biotechnology is used in the medical, agricultural, and food industries while working with scientific instruments that are commonly found in a research laboratory.
- Research genetic characteristics or expressions.
- Isolate, analyze, and synthesize proteins, enzymes, DNA, and other molecules.
- Research the effects of substances, such as drugs, hormones, and food on tissues and biological processes.
- Explore biotechnology careers, history and applications of recombinant DNA technology.
- Program will culminate with students conducting independent research projects that will be presented at regional science competition.
Career examples include Biochemist, Biomedical Engineer, Nuclear Medicine Physicians, Microbiologist, Crime Lab Technician, Bioinformatics Scientist, Zoologist, or Pharmaceutical Salesperson.