- Nurse Practitioner
- Molecular Biologist
- Laboratory and Crime Lab Technician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Nuclear Medicine Physician
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Pharmaceutical Salesperson
Year 1: Bioscience I (weighted grade)*
Year 2: Bioscience II (weighted grade)*
Year 3: Bioscience Internship
*Dual Enrollment UA
This pathway is a minimum of 2 years.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING & MATHEMATICS
Students will be prepared for college-level life science classes and employment in the Allied Health industries such as Lab Technician, Cell Biologist, and Pharmacologist.
- Learn how the world of bioscience is used in the medical, agricultural, and food industries.
- Work with scientific instruments that are commonly found in a research laboratory.
- Research genetic characteristics or expressions, isolate, analyze, and synthesize proteins, enzymes, DNA, and other molecules.
- Develop skills making common laboratory solutions and research the effects of substances, such as drugs, hormones, bacteria, food plant, and cell cultures on tissues.
- Explore bioscience careers, history, and applications of recombinant DNA technology.
- Program will culminate with students conducting independent research projects that will be presented at regional science competitions.
- OSHA 10 Healthcare
- BACE (Biotechnician Assistant Credentialing Exam)
Post Secondary Options
|Direct Employment Certificate||2 Year Degree||4 Year Degree|
|Bioscience Technologist||Bioscience Technology||Bioscience|
|Good Laboratory Skills Certificate||Biomanufacturing|