- Lighting Designer/Set Designer
- Stage Management /Production Crew
- Company Managing/ Administration
- Physical Therapist/Dance Movement Therapist
- Athletic Coach/Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
- Costume Designer
- Dance Teacher
Year 1: Beginning Dance or Performance Dance (CDO)
Year 2: Intermediate Dance or Performance Dance (CDO)
Year 3: Advanced Dance or Performance Dance (CDO)
Year 4: Advanced Dance or Performance Dance (CDO)
This pathway is a minimum of 3 years.
ARTS AND LANGUAGE
Students will be prepared for immediate employment in entry-level positions in the arts industry and to continue to study at a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Beginning students will learn history, terminology, and technique in ballet, tap, modern, and various forms of jazz dance. Students will experience improvisation and performing on stage.
- Intermediate dance students focus on technique, history, choreography, and performance of classical dance genres and contemporary dance genres.
- Advanced students learn skills in dance and choreography in ballet, jazz, and modern dance. Students will teach combinations to the entire class and lead warm-ups when assigned. Students will experience improvisation and performing on stage.
- Performance dance students will perform complex movement in ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern, and tap. Students will be required to choreograph, improvise, and understand the elements of dance production. This course is by audition only.
Post Secondary Options
|Direct Employment Certificate||2 Year Degree||4 Year Degree|
|Dance Apprentice||Fine Arts - Dance||Fine Arts - Dance|
|Fitness Instructor||Arts Management|