Early Childhood Education
- Elementary/Preschool Teacher/Director (preschool thru grade 3)
- Speech Pathologist
- Child Psychologist
- Social Worker
- School Counselor
Year 1: Early Childhood Education I
Year 2: Early Childhood Education II
Year 3: Early Childhood Education III
Year 4: Early Childhood Education IV or Early Childhood Education Internship
This pathway is a minimum of 2 years.
EDUCATION, HOSPITALITY, & PUBLIC SERVICE
Students will be prepared for immediate employment in entry-level jobs such as a Childcare Assistant, Nanny, or Preschool Lead Teacher and to continue to study in a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Learn about the continuum of physical, sensory, social, emotional, cognitive, language, and literacy development of young children.
- Design activities and establish practices promoting young children’s overall development.
- Master effective employability skills and professionalism in early childhood education.
- Create and teach K-3 lessons at local elementary schools. (AHS)
- Create, research, and provide developmentally appropriate learning materials and activities within our on-site preschool that make the activities fun and hands-on. (CDO)
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handlers
Post Secondary Options
|Direct Employment Certificate||2 Year Degree||4 Year Degree|
|Child Care License||Child Development||Child Development and Family Relations|
|Child Development Associate||Child Care and Parenting||Early Childhood Education|
|Educational Aide Certificate, Level I||Elementary Education|
|Educational Aide Certificate, Level II||Secondary Education|
|Teacher Certification||Social Work|