AHS CDO IRHS
- Sports Medicine Physician
- Athletic Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
Year 1: Sports Medicine I/Healthcare Foundations
Year 2: Sports Medicine II
Year 3: Sports Medicine III
Year 4: Sports Medicine Internship
This pathway is a minimum of 2 years.
Students will be prepared for possible immediate employment working in a medical office, physical therapy clinic, or hospital in an administrative capacity and to continue to study at a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Engage through motion to learn, evaluate, and apply understanding of musculoskeletal and human anatomy as well as associated medical terminology.
- Explore and investigate body systems, anatomy, perform and acquire a certification in First Aid/CPR, EMR, and taping.
- Work side-by-side with an Athletic Trainer during after school athletic practices and competitions.
- Refine hands-on skills and enhance professional knowledge while using critical and logical thought to learn how to evaluate athletic-related injuries.
- Exciting internship opportunities to support athletic teams with your trainer and other industry professionals.
- OSHA 10 Construction
- First Aid/CPR
- Emergency Medical Responder
Post Secondary Options
|Direct Employment Certificate||2 Year Degree||4 Year Degree|
|Emergency Health Responder||Sports Medicine||Kinesiology|
|ACSM Certified Personal Trainer||Fitness Management||Exercise Science|
|ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist||Massage Therapy||Sport Management|
|ACSM Certified Group Exercise Instructor||Therapeutic Recreation|
|Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist||Athletic Training|
|ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer||Sports Psychology|
|ACSM/NCHPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer||Sports Nutrition|
|ACSM/NPAS Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist||Physician Assistant Studies|