Software and App Design
AHS CDO IRHS
- Computer Programmer
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
Year 1: Software & App Design I or AP Computer Science Principles
Year 2: Software & App Design II or AP Computer Science A
Year 3: Software & App Design Internship
Year 4: Software & App Design Internship
This pathway is a minimum of 2 years.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS
Students will be prepared for immediate employment in entry-level positions in the software development industry and to continue to study software development at a technical school or 2-year or 4-year college or university. Students may acquire industry certifications during the program.
- Develop skills that are adaptable across all careers, disciplines, and pathways - including medicine, engineering, and visual and performing arts. Having a fundamental understanding of computer science is critical in today’s global economy.
- Classes mirror the collaborative and creative culture of the software and app design industry, engaging in problem-solving, teamwork, and user-centered design.
- Develop websites, apps, and other projects based on personal interests and working with community partners.
- Dual Enrollment and College Credit opportunities available.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
Post Secondary Options
|Direct Employment Certificate||2 Year Degree||4 Year Degree|
|A+ Computer Technician Certification||Office Systems Technology||Administrative Support|
|Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)||Information Systems||Management Information Systems|
|IC3||Computer Repair and Maintenance||International Business|
|Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)||Web Development||Computer Science|
|Network+ Certification||Networking Technician||Computer Programming|
|Oracle Certified Database Associate||Cybersecurity||Cybersecurity|
|Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)|
|Security + Certification|